Sunday, October 23, 2011

growing up

Being called pretty or smart or similar compliments used to mean a lot. Like laughingly brushing it off and denying it kind of a lot. Now, I have come to terms with it and am able to graciously accept it and say thank you. I also realized today that it doesn't mean as much as it used to anymore.

Instead, having a good heart and staying humble is what matters most to me; qualities that I strive to have. And the fruits of the Spirit:
Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Faithfulness
Gentleness, and
Self-control.

Being beautiful on the outside may be an advantage in the real world, but having a beautiful heart is what makes that beauty shine through. I have a long and possibly unending journey ahead of me, full of potholes and poisonous shrubs, but I will never want to stop trying.

Oh, the joys of maturing.

No comments: